October 21-27, 2019 is Waste Reduction Week (WRW) in Canada. Council issued a proclamation for WRW in support of this year-round initiative. Each day of WRW has a special theme. Council encourages residents to get involved and support areas that are most important to them or learn about new ideas. This year’s daily themes are:
- Monday, October 21: Circular Economy
- Tuesday, October 22: Textiles
- Wednesday, October 23: Champions & Innovators
- Thursday, October 24: Plastics & Packaging
- Friday, October 25: Food Waste
- Saturday, October 26: Swap, Share, Repair
- Sunday, October 27: E-Waste
Stay tuned to our Facebook Page for daily posts during Waste Reduction Week.
For more information visit wrwcanada.com/en.